Monday, April 19, 2010

Kate's punch list

This from Kate, who writes the blog "I Am the Worst Blogger."


  1. Skinny bitches at the gym who hog machines, do reps on the lightest weight and take 5-minute breaks between sets. Get off the damn machine; you're not even sweating!
  2. People who ask me "Did you make that?" when I show them any crafts I've made. No, I'm showing it off because I stole it from a little old lady, duh. That's why I put a picture of it in my "My Crafts" folder on Facebook.
  3. People who always post that "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" quote. It makes you sound entitled, high-maintenance, and spoiled.
  4. Creationists.
  5. Conspiracy theorists. Seriously, Occam's Razor. The simplest solution is most often the right one.
  6. People who believe that all opinions are equally valid and always right. You can have a wrong opinion. If my opinion was that the sky was neon green, it's not automatically right because it's my opinion!
  7. PETA.
  8. People who, upon hearing that I have a degree in Political Science, decide to tell me all their opinions on current political events. I doubly want to punch them when it's obvious they don't actually even know the basics of how government works.
  9. Extensive and expensive weight-loss programs or fad diets. If they worked, there wouldn't be so many of them. Just put the candy down and go to the gym.
  10. Incurious people. How do you go through life without wanting to learn new things?


2 comments:

Sondra said...

I completely agree with #8! I have a poli sci degree, too. It's annoying as hell when people do that to me.

Green Stone said...

Thank you! I'm really jealous of my friends in Physics or Engineering because they always get "Oooh, you must be really smart!" as a reaction instead.