Monday, February 20, 2012

Panel vans

Is it just me, or does everyone steer clear of panel work vans?

Okay, it's just me.

My ability to park properly is dangerously hampered, as images of dismembered body parts dance before my eyes (and not in a kitschy, zombie party kind of way).

And if I spot a loner white male sporting a cast and attempting to load a sofa into the back of the van, I stay in the car, back not-so-slowly away, using my hands-free headset to call the local police department so it can run the numbers on the mud-caked license plate. If you are the owner of one of these psychopathfinders, please do me a solid and paint your phone number on the windowless sliding door. It will make tracking you down much, much easier.

(photo: carsignspro.com)

9 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Well she was just an American girl, raised on promises.....

Flora said...

I thought I was the only one who avoided those vans. :-)

SousLeCharme said...

You're not alone

Karrie said...

Yeah, creepy. No doubt about it.

Grace said...

I was waiting for you to do this one.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure I almost walked home from the laundromat last week because one had parked next to my car.

somepinkflowers said...

aaahhhhhhrrrrr......


i sooo understand
this one
having lived in north florida
during
the ted bundy years...

:-(

any man
wearing a cast
walking near a park....


YIKEES!

Anonymous said...

I refer to them as SKVs. Serial Killer Vans.

Erika said...

LOL-- It's definitely not just you. My kids call them "SKV" for serial killer vans. I never park next to them.

WOW! I just scrolled up and read the last comment. I swear I'm not copying her. My kids came up with that several years ago.