Monday, March 29, 2010

Waking up with a headache

For the second day in a row, I’ve woken up with my head throbbing. Yeah, I know I ate like crap yesterday. I got the memo about the pollen count. Yeah, I know I’m stressed. Yeah, I know I need to exercise. Yes, I’m aware that Tax Day is approaching. There’s no need to remind me, Body. I don’t need a subdural Post-it note slapped on my brain. Message received, loud and fucking clear. In fact, I can’t get it out of my head.

I want to beat my headache in its annoying face with a jumbo bottle of ibu but sadly, I’d be whacking myself between the eyes. Instead, I’m going to draw the blinds, turn down the volume, and hope that my brain pain recedes and that I can look at my MacBook without having to don my sunglasses.

(photo: fotosearch.com)

5 comments:

Michou said...

Put a cold compress on your forehead

Michou said...

Put a cold compress on your forehead

K S said...

I'm feeling your pain - in the same boat. Two days now - and I couldn't call in today - so, sunglasses on in the office. Everyone thinks I'm hung over. Oy.

LEPTicon said...

Dehydration is a common state when one consumes things like coffee, tea, or soda to the exclusion of plain ordinary water. Dehydration is a common cause of headaches. If I get a headache I consider this as a possible reason and adjust accordingly

Anonymous said...

I woke up with an eye tension migrain yesterday, and now it's in the side of my head.

For me, it depends on what sort it is, but cutting out light, putting on sunnies, turning off sound, taking a pill and lying down helps.

Sometimes though, it can keep going regardless of what you do and you just have to ride it out.