Monday, November 29, 2010

Crunchy hair

We always want what we don’t have. Curly-haired vixens always want to kick their corkscrews to the curb in favor of stick-straight hair, while those of us with only a hint of a limp wave want undulating, Keri Russell-like locks of love.

We spray, rub, and massage curl-enhancing unguents into our manes. We scrunch. We dry with a diffuser. And voilà! We achieve the follicular stuff of which pre-Raphaelite dreams are made. One problem: we could blind a passerby with our crunchy curls. More post- than pre-Perseus Medusa, our hair is a mass of stone-cold locks.

Put down the can, jar, and bottle and learn to love yourself, limp hair and all. You could poke an eye out.

(photo: omgihavethat.blogspot.com)

6 comments:

Dede Warren said...

OMGyouaresofunny! I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for the laugh.

smertx said...

Hey! Don't be hating my crunchy curls!

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

All it takes is one bad 80s perm to make you embrace your limp stick-straight hair for life.

Anonymous said...

But the 80s was full of big hair, especially the shows on tv at the time. And we all wanted it. I didn't have it though.

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez, you mean that crunchy look is on purpose? I always assumed the women who have it just got out of the shower and said "I'm late, the hell with combing my hair today."

Whit said...

Well hello spiral perm. It's been a long time. How have you been? Hey, leave my pant legs alone! I don't peg my jeans anymore. Not for a long time. Not for a very long time ...